Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Saturday treat







For the past couple of months I've been having breakfast at Findlay Market on Saturdays. Instead of my usual super-healthy home breakfast of oatmeal, cold cereal or whole wheat toast -- always with plenty of fruit and a pot of loose-leaf black tea, I bring some fruit with me and head to the market after an early morning exercise walk.
I buy coffee from either the Bean Haus or Skirtz & Johnston, and then select a breakfast pastry treat from among many wonderful choices.
Here are photos of some of those possibilities. The crepes from Taste of Belgium (bottom photo) might be the healthiest choice, but I might also go for one of the scones, croissants or Danish pastries offered by the other vendors.
It's quite a treat and a break from the ordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment