Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Adam's Mountain Cafe






Found some healthy foodie choices in the town of Manitou Springs, CO, after our ascent of Pike's Peak.


It's a cute if touristy town with plenty of food and shopping options. Luckily, my cousin Peggy knew a reliable restaurant. She picked Adam's Mountain Cafe on the main drag. We had spent 5 hours doing the mountain, it was 2:30 PM and we were famished. Along were George, me, my aunt Marie, cousin Peggy and brother Don (from Raleigh NC) and his wife Jo.


My husband ordered a veggie sandwich (top photo), which he said might have been the best veggie sandy he had ever had.


My Thai vegetables with tofu over brown rice (bottom photo) was exactly what I needed.


Today (Weds) we leave the family and head for Denver where I have a conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment