Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another important stay (or get) slim secret


I've never been the world's best sleeper -- genetic, probably, as my dad's side of the family includes a bunch of restless night owls. And I used to think that there was a weight-control upside to sleeping less -- that is, burning more calories. (You burn more calories awake than asleep, right?)
Turns out I was wrong about that.
The scientific evidence now suggests a clear correlation between OBESITY and lack of sleep. In other words, the better your sleep habits the more likely you are to be able to keep a normal, healthy weight.
Why this is true isn't completely well understood, but in any case we should all strive to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I can do this fairly well at home, but on the road (as we are now) it's just not possible for me.
Click here for info about the relationship between sleep and weight control.
And here for suggestions about how to get a good night's sleep -- routinely.

No comments:

Post a Comment