Thursday, May 10, 2012

My cocktail obsession of the week

This is called a Sweet Tea Sour -- a re-creation of the one I had at Table in Asheville NC. It's super easy to make; in fact, I make up a small batch and keep it in the fridge so it's ready for the 5 o'clock hour.
Here's the recipe for one drink, but it can be made in multiples of two, four, whatever.

Sweet Tea Sour
1 1/2 ounces good quality bourbon
1/2 ounce Amaretto
Juice of 1/2 lemon
4 ounces sweetened (black) tea, or 4 ounces unsweetened tea and simple syrup, to taste
--Combine all ingredients in a small jar or cocktail shaker; shake well. Pour over ice in a tall glass and garnish with fruit of your choice.

1 comment:

  1. oh...my...goodness. I want this! It is combining all of my favourite drink components! Thanks for this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete