Tired of the same-old, same-old at breakfast? Check out this array of morning recipe ideas from Epicurious. Included (in photo), fruit and oat muesli, as well as rhubarb/strawberry breakfast crostini, sweet potato cakes with mango-pineapple chutney, and buckwheat crepes, among others.
This no-cook oatmeal cereal treat is the easiest to prepare!
Recipe: Fruit and Oat Muesli
Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups grated peeled red-skinned apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds
- 3 cups chopped fresh fruit (such as apples, pears, and peeled oranges)
Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes to soften oats.
Whisk orange juice and honey in medium bowl. Stir in grated apples and almonds, then 3 cups chopped fruit.
Stir fruit mixture into oat mixture. DO AHEAD: Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Spoon into bowls.