|Grilled Mint Julep Peaches|
Recipe: Grilled Mint Julep Peaches
- 4 ripe freestone peaches, halved, pit removed Ask a question about this ingredient.
- 1/2 cup canola oil Ask a question about this ingredient.
- 1/2 cup bourbon Ask a question about this ingredient.
- 2 cups brown sugar, preferably dark Ask a question about this ingredient.
- 4 sprigs mint, for garnish Ask a question about this ingredient.
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream or frozen yogurt
Instructions:1. Remove leaves from mint sprigs and set leaves aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine oil, bourbon, brown sugar and mint stems. Heat over medium, stirring often, until sugar is melted and sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high. Add peaches, flesh side down, and close grill lid or cover peaches loosely with tin foil. Grill for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove peaches to serving plates and drizzle with glaze. (You may have leftover glaze, which you can save for another use.) Top with ice cream or yogurt, garnish with mint leaves and serve.