For a neat presentation, roll the herbed butter in plastic wrap into a cylinder and refrigerate until firm. Slice off rounds of butter as you need them. Pairing: Citrusy, full-bodied Chenin Blanc: 2009 Pascal Janvier Jasnières.
(sorry no photo)
RECIPE: Grilled Swordfish with Lima Bean Butter and Herbs
- 1/2 cup shelled lima beans (from about 1 pound in the pod)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Hot sauce
- Ten 6-ounce swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, cover the lima beans with water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt, cover and simmer over moderately low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Puree the lima beans in a mini food processor. Add the butter, chives, parsley and dill and process until smooth. Season with salt and hot sauce.
- Light a grill. Rub the swordfish steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the fish over moderately high heat until nicely browned outside and just opaque throughout, about 4 minutes per side. Top the fish with the lima bean butter and serve right away.
Make Ahead: The lima bean butter can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.