Saturday, April 6, 2013

A night in Covington: Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar & Bouquet

What a good way to spend TGIF: drinks at Molly Wellman's Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar followed by dinner a block away, at Bouquet.
Bourbon fans can try all kinds of great whiskeys by the shot, as a flight, or on the rocks. There's also a cocktail of the day, and the bartender also makes a fine Old Fashioned as well as a classic Whiskey Sour, shaken with a fresh egg white to produce a lovely foamy lightness.
Molly at her Bourbon Bar

I only wish my tolerance for hard liquor was up to snuff. My limit is one, darn it. I went with the Old Fashioned by next time, I'm doing that Sour.








A few selections at OKBB
Of course, dinner at Bouquet is always a treat. The menu is so interesting -- especially in the small plates or appetizers -- that it's very hard to choose. I had a light, very pleasing cauliflower salad to start. My entree was chicken, which turned out on the dry side. My companions tried a couple of fish preparations, which they liked a lot. We were happy that the dessert list, although short, included a lighter fruit preparation along with the heavier bread pudding, chocolate concoctions, and the like. And the wine selection is quite intriguing. Great spot!
Covington's Best Restaurant (?)

1 comment:

  1. The decor in this place is AMAZING!  You really like. The food is of good quality and low priced. I've had pretty good service for New Orleans Bar & grill.

    ReplyDelete