Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summertime Smoothies

For most of the year, my blender sits in the back of a kitchen cabinet. But not in July! Now is the time when a fruit/yogurt/juice/soy milk (or some combo of those) smoothie is just right. I like them best at breakfast alongside my daily mugs of hot, milky tea.  But a smoothie can be good as your lunch, too.
The other day I made a blender full of the following ingredients: one ripe banana, a cup of sliced mango, a cup of vanilla soy milk, about 1/2 cup plain yogurt and the same amount of orange juice, and a few packets of Splenda. Whir in the blender, and after a minute or two add a cup of crushed ice.
You can share this with someone, but I have the whole amount in a couple of helpings. It certainly is filling and also is packed with vitamins and a healthy amount of fiber.
Experiment with the ingredients you like best!

No comments:

Post a Comment