Thursday, September 19, 2013

EAT WELL CAFE: Fresh, healthy and delicious

At Eat Well Cafe & Takeaway
For lunch and gourmet-to-go, one of Cincinnati's best options is Eat Well Cafe and Takeway in O'Bryonville. They're also open in the evenings so you can grab dinner there, too, up until about 8:30 most weeknights. I've been impressed by the high quality, fresh ingredients in everything I've tried there, almost always at lunch with a friend -- the restaurant is just off Madison Road and is a good halfway meeting place for us. The menu focuses on soups, salads, sandwiches and "bowls," with plenty of vegetarian and vegan choices as well as meaty options, too. A few months ago I couldn't find them on the Web, but now they have a nicely designed, informative website: www.eatwellcafetakeway.com
My most recent visit marks my first time trying a sandwich -- pictured. This one was twice as much as I could eat so I brought half home to give to my always-hungry husband. It's called "Swell Veggie" and consists of marinated, baked tofu, avocado slices, cucumber, greens and a ginger chutney. With any sandwich you get to select one side dish, and I went with a portion of the (excellent) roasted cauliflower. That stuff was so good, I brought a pint of it home to go with one of our dinners.
Eat Well is at 3009 O'Bryon Street and is open Monday - Friday 11 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment