Thursday, July 23, 2009

Road Food (Asheville, NC)






Just back from 6 days in western North Carolina, a family-oriented, working trip with few culinary highlights. But we did get to stop--going and coming--in Asheville.


Among its many charms, the mountain town is blessed with plenty of good restaurants. My go-to fave is the vegetarian Laughing Seed, where we had lunch on the way to our destination (Rutherfordton, NC). On the way home, we met my step-brother for lunch at the Corner Kitchen in Biltmore Village. The photo at left is of a lavendar-infused chicken salad that my mom had; the smaller photo (right) is my "ploughman's lunch," the best part of which was the cup of gazpacho. That black blob on the plate is a grilled portobello mushroom.


1 comment:

  1. Asheville ...one of my favorites !! If you get back through be sure to try Rosettas Kitchen it's incredible with a very relaxed environment. Another must is The Early Girl for breakfast which I believe is right next door to the Laughing Seed or very nearby . Keep eating great food

    ReplyDelete