Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lunch in Northside






My friend and I had lunch today at Take the Cake on Hamilton Avenue in Northside. Over the 10+ years that the bakery has been in the area, you may have had their delectable cakes, cupcakes and/or cookies. (My BFF got her wedding cake from them in 2005, and it was a huge hit.) They've been in this Northside location since February, and I recently learned that they serve lunch.

I'll be writing in detail about their lunch offerings for the Enquirer's "Under $25" column within the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for that.

The photos above show:
LEFT One of the desserts of the day (a berry cobbler--my friend and I split a portion, mmm, mmm, good)
RIGHT Co-owner Melissa Mileto working on an order for a large party of diners

If your orbit includes Northside, stop in for a bite. They serve lunch until 3:00 and the bakery is open until 6:00. Since the Northside Market operates today (Weds.), you could do both at once!

P.S. -- Despite the "cake" in its name and the prominence of those cupcakes and other temptations, TTC does have options for healthy foodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment