The current (June) issue of Bon Appetit included this marvelous recipe that uses several adored ingredients.
Arugula is available now at many farmers' markets -- it's a cooler-weather green. You can still find fresh fennel, even though its peak season is earlier in the year.
And fresh apricots are just starting to get good.
Recipe: Arugula, Fennel and Apricot Salad
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 5-ounce container arugula leaves
- 1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fronds
- 6 large apricots, pitted, sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted natural pistachios (or walnuts, my preference)