Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Locavore Delight





After our "tiki cocktail" class at Tonic on 4th last weekend, we took my brother next door to Local 127 for dinner. My bro, in from Raleigh NC, is a bona fide foodie and we wanted him to try one of our best farm-to-table eateries. As it turned out, he pronounced it his favorite restaurant in Cincinnati.
Some of our good food is shown in these photos. Chef Geddes' take on Waldorf Salad is head and shoulders above the ordinary, mayonnaise laden glop served most places -- in fact, my eyes went right past it until I remembered having it there before and thinking it was great.
My brother's Risotto with Smoked Chicken, Lemon and Basil had him almost licking the plate -- "I could have eaten two of those," he said.
For entrees, both my husband and brother selected the tender, delicious Chicken Two Ways, while I scarfed up melt-in-your-mouth Bison Rib-Eye with Snow Peas and Potatoes.
Yes, we had dessert -- not photographed: panna cotta and a fine dark chocolate pudding.
Great meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment