Sunday, June 26, 2011

Random Eats: Aroma, Rookwood Pottery, Take the Cake

Sushi Bento Box/Aroma
One new restaurant experience (Aroma) and a return to two favorites round out my weekend dining ventures. For lunch on Friday I tried Aroma in the Kenwood Mall for the first time. Although there's an extensive menu of fresh sushi and many salads and hot entrees, we found the bento box lunches irresistible. My companion had chicken terriyaki bento and I chose the sushi bento box (pictured) -- fun, tasty, and just the right amount of food. 
I don't usually have lunch at such nice places, so I also splurged on a glass of pinot gris wine, which took the zing out of my afternoon and reminded me why I don't drink alcohol at lunch, except sometimes while on vacation.
Friday night my girlfriend Susan and I had dinner on the deck at Rookwood Pottery in Mt. Adams. They have a short but interesting list of craft cocktails; our waiter recommended their gin & tonic because he adores the house-made tonic, so I went with that. (Great recommendation!) For dinner, Susan had her favorite dish there, a grilled veggie sandwich, and my chicken breast on spring peas/ramps risotto was not exactly light, but the risotto was excellent, and the chicken was fine, too.
Grilled veggie sandwich/Rookwood Pottery




Chicken/risotto @ Rookwood
Finally, we had a quick brunch after church on Sunday at Take the Cake in Northside, which makes some of the best biscuits you have ever tried. The last photo shows the biscuit with zucchini, tomato sauce, ricotta cheese and a poached egg.

Brunch at Take the Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment