Here's an upcoming evening of fun and really, really good food. Mark your calendars!
The rich flavors of Ohio’s oldest public market will be on proud display at Findlay Market’s second annual Eat Local for the Globe event to be held on Thursday, June 9, 2011 from 6 PM – 10 PM. The event will feature locally sourced food, wine, beer, and Findlay Market fare. Tickets are $50 per person and all proceeds benefit the Findlay Market Fund. Public markets serve a public purpose and are operated to pursue civic goals. Support for Findlay Market ensures that Cincinnati’s great public market will be here for generations to come, generating a wide range of public benefits from small business incubation to food waste composting to cultural enrichment activities for shoppers to enjoy.
- Dinner by the bite prepared by the talented chefs at Findlay Market, including chefs from: Fresh Table, Skirtz & Johnston, Bouchard’s, Gramma Debbie’s Kitchen, and Pho Lang Thang
- Exciting wine pairings from regional wineries Kinkead Ridge, Harmony Hill and Equus Run plus plenty of Christian Moerlein beer and craft cocktails by Molly Wellmann
- Dessert provided by Findlay Market’s own Dojo Gelato and Taste of Belgium
- Cash bar after dinner with music by the WNKU’s ever-popular “Mr. Rhythm Man”
- Each guest will receive a silkscreen printed poster created especially for the event
- Guests will have an opportunity to tour the Findlay Market District and learn about plans for its continuing revitalization