Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer wine delights






When the weather turns hot, my thoughts turn to rose wine (among other things!).


It always reminds me of Nice and Provence, in southern France, where some of the world's best roses are produced. It's the perfect type of wine with that seafood-and-veggie based cuisine. A cuisine I love perhaps above all others, by the way.


In any case, pictured above is my favorite go-to rose, made in Argentina by a winery called Crios. They also make my fave torrontes, a fragrant white wine that you should try if you haven't yet. Both of these wines retail for about $15 in the Cincinnati market, and they are widely available nationwide.


Want more summer wine ideas? Check out this article on the Epicurious website, which picks five widely available, inexpensive warm weather quaffers.








No comments:

Post a Comment